Thursday, September 30, 2010

Postcrossing

I absolutely love letter writing. I like thinking of someone and hand writing them a letter, filling out an envelope, stamping it, and putting it in the mailbox. I equally love receiving  letters. I am saddened that the art of letter writing is fading away in lieu of instant forms of communication. But I was tickled pink when I found http://www.postcrossing.com . Here you can send and receive handwritten postcards from all over the world. Today I sent a letter to a girl in China who expressed her interest in receiving foreign money. I enclosed an Alaska state quarter along with a District of Columbia quarter. I can't wait for her to be able to add these to her collection. I also can't wait to receive my next postcard from another kind stranger. Who's day could you brighten by sending them a letter?

No comments:

Post a Comment